Saturday, June 11, 2016

Some Planner Love

Phew! Talk about a way to spend a Saturday afternoon… and no, I’m not talking about extreme sports or anything, though, that would be insanely fun, and way out of my league. No, I’m talking about completing class assignments for the first time in almost seven years. Haha, I know, not funny, right? However, it is the truth and I’m feeling quite a bit proud of myself. So what if the test let me have multiple attempts to score ALL the points, you better believe I was going to take it. In all seriousness though, going back to school has been a long time coming, and so has this blog post.

I’ve been nervous all week about this class starting, even more so once I logged in and realized that people had already begun posting discussion topics and I didn’t have a clue what was going on! Well, I suppose that’s not entirely true as I spent some time on the phone the other day with my Academic Advisor who showed me how to do lots of things – I’m kind of the deer in headlights type, and definitely get bent out of shape before anything has actually, really, happened.

So, there’s an assignment and a quiz behind me and I’m already feeling a lot better about things. Plus, to make sure I keep up with things, I went out and splurged on a Happy Planner! Believe me when I say I could spend ridiculous amounts of money on their site! http://shop.meandmybigideas.com/collections/create-365 I actually had gone to Michael’s because there was no way in hell I was going to Walmart to try and find a planner, I know what their stock looks like, and it just wasn’t worth the drive, albeit a short drive, but a shitty one. So, Michaels was the choice, but I had no idea they’d have the Happy Planner’s in stock so after multiple attempts of trying to talk myself out of one, well, obviously I brought home anyway.



I also bought cute stickers and little paper pockets yes for the planner, but they screamed for my Travelers Journal as well, and I cannot leave that beauty hanging, now can I?

If it’s not clear by now, I’m absolutely addicted to cute journals, stationary and just about anything leather bound. I know there are a lot of people out there who can turn their planners into an artful masterpiece, and though I am not one of them, I still love them all the same, and it’s really nice to have some quality pieces myself now.

I cannot help but say I look forward to my first class in years, to putting use to this planner and really making it a part of me, and being able to actually travel with my Traveler’s Journal. 


No comments:

Post a Comment