Friday, January 1, 2016

Happy New Year to New Challenges

Just like the title implies, though, challenges could just mean life in general, however, in this instance, it is not the case. There are so many social media platforms and so many different things going on across them, and I happen to be on a few, to be able too see intriguing and silly posts, meet wonderful people, and yes, take part in things that give you something to do on a day to day basis. Though, it is more then that...

Tarot has become something I have grown more then fond of in the last year, it is a daily way of life, a tool, guidance and meditation, it is a release from the daily grind and one of the best things that has come from it is a supportive community through Instagram and being able to embrace a side of me I've thought foolish and silly for a long time. I'm not the first and surely not the last to believe in the strange and awkward, and even if I didn't, I at least have one hell of an excuse to write now, even if it is just nonsensical words on paper.

Well then, hello January and your new challenges, aye? Firstly, I will be hunting down tarot ones later this evening, there is already one I know of for sure that is an extension of a December one that has helped me to know what I need to work on to cultivate certain energies within me, and around others to grow as a person.

Secondly, I've established my own writing challenge, and while I don't have the followers to put it out to the social media world, a few people do know of it, and I have already written my first piece. Writing has always been a passion of mine, though, I'll never claim to be good at it. I've read things by people so eloquent in their words to know I'll never compare, but hey, no one said I couldn't try or enjoy myself as I do so. So, this challenge happens to be writing a poem a day for 365 days... yes, every day of the year in 2016. I know full well this is a huge thing to tackle, and that some days might end up a huge masterpiece or just a line of nonsense that I might be lucky enough to call a sentence. No one's perfect, and I don't expect my writing to be, or this post or blog in general. This is something that I'm doing for myself, and if something comes out of it by the end of the year, then that would be insanely amazing, and I would be beyond grateful.

So that part of me that I've always thought foolish and silly happens to be, being a witch, or practicing witchcraft in general. This is a whole other topic that needs its own post, so for now, I'll kind of leave it up in the air, but no this, I've always felt a connection to the dead, and things about death in general, I believe in reincarnation, and a whole lot of other little things have happened/ been happening since I was nine.

Now, that being said, there is a challenge going around on tumblr to make and or work on a Grimoire, a book of shadows. It is meant to be more useful to the individual person then just simply copying down texts and moving along (not that there is anything wrong with that and I do it myself). I feel like I've only really cracked the shell on who I am and who I want to become and I think this will be a good way to really dig deep, especially since it will have weekly challenges for the monthly themes and go throughout the year. It is something I hope to keep coming back too, as well as another excuse to write.

I plan to do a lot this year, I really want to start focusing on myself and actual goals, and get out of a generic, working-class job that doesn't pay me enough to make ends meet. People have the opinion that you shouldn't live with your parents, grow up and all that. Well, I'm done moving, I'm done dating deadbeats, and I'm done struggling. This is all going to have to connect one day, and while I'm not that old, I feel much older and that I've wasted a good part of my life.

Here's to the new year, and all the things that come with it - The happy and sad, life's little moments, that pretty rock you find, the rain cooling your cheeks, and seriously, anything that you can learn a little something from and or just appreciate. I say it as a reminder to myself as well.

Love and light from a friend in the shadows. Cheers!

Do check out Tumblr Grimoire Challenge and Instagram Tarot/ Oracle Challenge

2 comments:

  1. Thankyou for sharing your thoughts I think you are starting on a spiritual journey with the dawning realization that we are eternal souls having a physical experience. Its a great ride lol

    ReplyDelete
  2. There is more to life than what we see with our eyes and feel with our hands. This "more" of life is to be felt with the heart and seen through our third eye. This "more" is more real than this 3D reality that we find ourselves in. Thank you for sharing your thoughts. ����

    ReplyDelete