Wednesday, May 4, 2016

Ground Control, We Have Book Goals

    So it seems anyone reading anymore, uses the Goodreads site and or app, and they have a goal where they can keep track of what you read when you finish it and all kinds of things. I didn't realize this until after the fact I started keeping count, while I'm sure it's not really a big deal... It's not at all. I do not have much of a liking for the site, and yes, I do in fact struggle with using it. Anyways, none of that is really important. 

    I said I was going to read at least twenty books, and on April 30th, I reached that goal!

    Now, I know twenty isn't a lot, but for me, someone who has never quite been a reader since they were a kid and were reading the Harry Potter books as they came out, it's quite a feat. 

    At one point, a few years ago now, while I was still with my now-ex, I had taken to reading again. I started with The Fault in Our Stars, jumped to The Host, and went on to start reading the Divergent series before it became an issue. Yes, my reading was an issue. The fact that I wanted to waste my days with coffee and my face in the pages was an issue. Then my writing became an issue, and really, anything that involved me doing something by myself was an issue, so needless to say, the reading stopped pretty much until this year. 

    Really, I have my best friend to thank for it. Gillian, she's my other half, and why she puts up with me, I haven't the slightest clue, but I will forever be grateful for her, and the books she buys and lends me. 

    So, I think this calls for a book list of what I read, and hopefully It'll be only long list I put on here. Like I said before, I'm hoping to start regularly doing book reviews. 

  • Diary by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Percy Jackson and the Olympians books 1-5 by Rick Riordan
  • Thunder and Lightning: Cracking Open the Writer's Craft by Natalie Goldberg
  • Global Fever by William H. Calvin
  • Six of Crows by Leigh Bardugo
  • Lullaby by Chuck Palahniuk
  • Illuminae by Amie Kaufman and Jay Kristoff
  • The Serpent King by Jeff Zentner
  • Soundless by Richelle Mead
  • Map of Bones by James Rollins
  • Me Before you by Jojo Moyes
  • Dorthy Must Die by Danielle Paige
  • The Wicked Will Rise by Danielle Paige
  • Yellow Brick War by Danielle Paige
  • Dorthy Must Die Stories vol. 2 by Danielle Paige
  • A Court of Thorns and Roses by Sarah J. Maas
     Most of these I was in love with, whether I was in tears or, and still, not sure what to do until the next releases. Luckily, May is a huge month for new books, including A Court of Mist and Fury, the sequel to A Court of Thorns and Roses, and already on its way to me! 

    There are a lot of things changing this month, I just hope I can find time to get the few books I want to read, in. Otherwise, I'll just kidnap a Time Lord or something and dangle in space for a few days.

No comments:

Post a Comment