Saturday, May 28, 2016

Wanderlust

Travel photos, blogs, people's leather bound journals, I could stare at some of these things all day when it comes to people documenting their adventures, and I think I'm bordering that line of obsession if I haven't already crossed it. 



    Traveling, adventuring, back packing and road trips, one or all of them, it's something I always wanted to do, to be able to get up and go. To be able to see sights and and hear stories and maybe pick up little things like post cards, stamps, key chains and whatever else might be able to decorate my own (in the near future) journal, that says I've been there, and I've seen and as a writer, it's a really big deal to me. 

    I'm writing this post as I long for such things. I tell you this as I've spent the last two days browsing the internet looking for the Midori travel journals, and cute pages and stickers to go in them. This post is a before and after planning has begun, as my dreams, though small, are slowly starting to happen. 

    Sure, it's not Ireland or Greece or Spain in my near future, but states I haven't been too. Seriously, being stuck in Ohio blows, and it's not fun driving anywhere either when every other street is construction and or filled with the same potholes that just grow every year. I was almost considering taking a five hour trip in my car until Mapquest showed me the eighty construction images along the way, and my anxiety is bad enough when it comes to driving some place new, but trying to navigate through orange cones and doing 45 when the speed limit is 70 is not my cup of tea.

    It's a bit whiny, but Kentucky and Chicago are right around the corner and I couldn't be more excited! We all have to start somewhere, and while I continue to read the pretty posts about people touring islands I've never even heard of, I do hope people will share their own stories with me too, big or small. I wouldn't complain if a few words of advice were thrown in there as well.

    Cheers fellow adventurers! 

No comments:

Post a Comment